That Tree....

So a couple of years ago on one of our first (if not the very first) Sunday adventure to a National Trust property we took photos. So many photos. One of these stands out to me. We hadn't been walking too long when we saw the most perfect tree ever. That may sound a little strange, it seems a little strange typing it so I'll forgive you if you think I'm pretty odd right now. The tree had such a lovely shape and it's on the edge of a hill so has a fantastic view. We decided to stop there and have a picnic beneath it, it was that good of a tree. And then, me being me, I wanted a photo of us and the tree. It's just a silly self timer shot but it remains to this day one of my most favourite photos of the two of us. I should probably just stop talking and show you it. So this is the photo that we took on that day....


There. Doesn't that just scream nice summer day and two people in love? Well it was a nice summer day and we were very much in love. This photo just makes me smile. But anyway, the reason I'm writing this post is that we went again today to that area and to that tree and once again I wanted a photo. Now, no photo could ever beat that first one but I do love this one too....


I love the stark contrast between Summer and Winter. I'm now determined to get identical shots in Autumn and Spring to create a nice display of love through the seasons. This tree just inspires creativity and still looks beautiful without its leaves. That is why it is a fantastic tree!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so in love with that tree! I am always on the look out for nice beautiful standing alone trees and I can never seem to find any! You're very lucky!

    ReplyDelete